1/5/15

A POST ABOUT SOCKS (OR, HOW I INTEND TO DO THE WHOLE CAPSULE COLLECTION THING)

the title of this post could lead one to believe that they are about to read what could possibly be the most boring post ever.  but stay with me, there is a method to my madness.
IMAGE CREDIT

one of my most "successful" posts was a post about bras.  a post in which i talked about purging out the one drawer in the house in which i keep my unmentionables and how, after said purging, felt lighter and more organized.  read about it HERE if you are so inclined.  essentially i wanted to accomplish the same with the "sock bag".  to my shame, i keep my socks not in a drawer like a normal person but in a canvas bag.  and now i have shared that with the entire online world.

but in my defense, it is now a fully organized canvas bag full of matched pairs, the left half for dress socks and the right for warm woolies.  simple enough but it is a small part of what i hope will be a huge change in this new year.

i am referring to my intended 'capsule collection'.  a bit behind on this concept i am still intending to go forward with a more thoughtful and organized wardrobe.  simplifying things, down to socks and undies starts things off with a bang. or, starts things off at the very least.  small steps, great journeys and all that.

i have already taken inspiration from these ladies and have resolved to fully embrace this capsule thing wholly this new year.  are you intending anything similar or something quite different?  minimal or maximal?  there is no wrong.